UW-Extension resource helps families cope with a drop in income
A website titled “Managing Your Personal Finances in Tough Times” is designed to share proven resources used and developed by UW-Extension financial education professionals.
The site focuses on five main areas:
- Talking with family and managing stress
- Creating a budget
- The balancing act: cutting expenses and increasing income
- Keeping up with credit and debt
- Considering foreclosure and bankruptcy
To learn more, visit https://fyi.extension.wisc.edu/toughtimes/
Do you have financial goals but trouble sticking with “the plan”?
If so, our Free Financial Coaching might be for you!
Financial Coaching provides individuals with support using….
- a hands-on approach
- goal setting
As a participant, you will:
- Meet and work with a trained financial coach, one-on-one
- Reduce your stress and anxiety about money management
- Learn how to make your money work harder & smarter for you
Topics will include developing workable spending and money management plans, tracking your spending, household record-keeping, debt repayment strategies, understanding your credit report and credit score, options for resolving financial problems and steps in financial independence!For more information contact: Danette Hopke, Human Development & Relationships Extension Educator Washburn County UW-Extension 715-635-4444